Learning Spanish with Puzzleando: Would you help me?

For those who speaks english you are welcome to speak here about everything you want about puzzles. This is a space for joining puzzle-makers from all around the world.
koalanina
Puzzlero incipiente
Puzzlero incipiente
Participaciones en quedadas: 1

Learning Spanish with Puzzleando: Would you help me?

Mensaje por koalanina »

Hey! As I mentioned in my welcome topic I read 2 years spanish at school but since it is 10 years aho nothing is left. I think that's really bad and not only since I got to this forum I often thought of learning your language again. Three years ago I bought a self-learning course (you see, it's not your forum, I got these thoughts long time ago) and did the first five units but then I found a job and stopped again. (I admit I was a liartelling you I only know to say in spanish: "I am 17", since three years I knew again the phrases for "My name is" "I am from" "Where is a pharmacy" "I'd like to have a glass of beer" and something like this but the rest I lost again. I don't plan to go on holidays in Spain/Latin America so far so I don't need to know how to get a hotel room and such stuff. But though I am intrested in the language and there are other things I am intrested in (guess what :-)).

So I might choose another way to learn your language and this forum could help: I don't want you to write all posts in spanish and english, that's too much. I alreay tried to read some of your posts here and could translate them with help of my dictionary. But well, it would be too hard for me to take every single post and read it that way, it's too much and I know I would stop it quite immediatly. But as I don't even understand the titles of the posts and so can't be sure if it's intresting or not, maybe you could choose some categories and especially posts (you had already written during all the time this forum existed) which really could be nice for me to read and maybe not too complicated to understand and make a list for me, maybe eben with a short sentence what this topics are about at all? That would be great!

haujavi
Administrador
Administrador
Participaciones en quedadas: 8
Puzzle favorito: Educa
Número de piezas preferido: 13200
Nº quedadas: 70

Re: Learning Spanish with Puzzleando: Would you help me?

Mensaje por haujavi »

Well, I think that this is a very interesting idea. I'll try to do a resume of the more interesting topics, but of course this list will not be perfect as there have been lots of topics. However I hope it helps you. From now on I'll try to create a post with the list of topics that can be interesting. For this first list I'll see the most read and written topics. I think that some kind of spanish way of writing will be difficult for you to translate, but overall I think you'll get the point of the general sense of every topic.

Puzzleando(the subforum for general topics)
- ¿En qué puzzles estamos trabajando? / ¿What are the puzzles we are making at this moment?: In this topic people talks about the development of their puzzles, it's very interesting to see how others makes puzzles, their progress and their ways to make puzzles.
- El fabuloso Guernica / The fabulous Guernica: Guernica is almost the official puzzle of this forum, many people love it and in this topic talk about it.
- ¿Cuál es el puzzle más grande que habeis hecho? / What is the biggest puzzle you have ever done?: I must admit that this is a very special post for me, it's the first discussion topic that I posted in 2004. We all know that size doesn't matters but the number of pieces maybe matters :silba:
- Objetos con forma de piezas de puzzle / Objects with puzzle-pieces shape: Is your life a puzzle? In this topic you can discover many ordinary objects that have to be with puzzles, from sneakers drawing with puzzle pieces to wooden floor!
- El peor puzzle del mundo / The worst puzzle on the world: Yes, we are used to hear about the best actors, the best teams... but what the hell, we must admit that we all hate some puzzles, here people talks about their most hated puzzles, it's like a therapy :D

Bricolaje y puzzles(subforum for topics related with all the post-production of the puzzles, such as how to stick them, the conservation and that sort of things...)
- Pegar puzzle / Sticking puzzles: a complete topic about the art of sticking a puzzle. What is the best glue? May the puzzle be damaged? Here there has been a lot of opinions.
- Como hacer piezas perdidas en imagenes / How to make a lost piece of a puzzle: this is a perfect visual demonstration of how to create a piece in case you have lost it and you can't find it or ask for it to the manufacturer.
- Fotos proceso latex acrílico / Photos of acrilic latex process: another classic of this forum, the acrilic latex. I don't know if in Germany it's called by another name but basically it's a product that sticks the puzzle and is transparent and strong enough for using it as the final stick for a puzzle.
- Contrachapado, cartón pluma... ¿Cuál es el mejor?... / plywood, wood... What is best?: it's difficult to translate but this is a survey that tries to show the best kind of wood for sticking the puzzles to preserve them in the future.

Encuentros puzzleros (Subforum for speaking about our puzzle-encounters among puzzlegoers or puzzleros as we say in this forum jeje)
- 1º Encuentro: 4.000+2.000 en un fin de semana!! (14-16/3/08): the first encounter, it was thrilling.
- 2º Encuentro puzzlero: Madrid, 9/05/08. 8000 piezas y....: the second one, it got bigger...
- 3er Encuentro puzzlero: Granada 27/06/08. Casi 10000 piezas: The third one was the proof that this forum was very big...
- IV Encuentro 10-13 Oct 2008 - Cercedilla: here you can find all the information about the last encounter in which we managed to make the biggest puzzle, Life of Educa, 24000 pieces in less than three days!
- V Encuentro en la Rioja del 23 al 26 de Abril del 2009: here is the next encounter, in april, from 23rd to 26th, in La Rioja, land of good wines, if you are interested I'm sure we have place for some english speakers :wink:

And well, as I've said I'll try to expand this post to make it a more extensive list of topics for you english/almost spanish speakers :wink:

MJ
Puzzlero por excelencia
Puzzlero por excelencia
Participaciones en quedadas: 7
Puzzle favorito: Yanoman
Número de piezas preferido: 8000
Puzzle en construcción: Amor Sacro-Amor Profano

Mensaje por MJ »

I would like to help you about this but I don´t speak English very well.

You can ask me all that you want.

Haujavi is a perfect administrador and he writes a very interesting topics.

I would like to say you other post:

II Concursito de puzzles PUZZLEANDO/II Little Quiz of puzzles PUZZLEANDO You can do a puzzle and you can to know the time that you need to do it.

Retransmision en directo II Concursito de puzzles/ Transmision on live II Little Quiz of Puzzles You can see that prit is doing a puzzle on live...

Puzzles Educa a examen/ Puzzles educa under examYou can see that the puzzleros think about the brand Educa. You can see other brands in this forum.

Please you ask us all that you want :holas:
a veces aunque te falta una pieza de un puzzle no significa que no este terminado :)
mjagricola@gmail.com

koalanina
Puzzlero incipiente
Puzzlero incipiente

Mensaje por koalanina »

Thank you so much! That's great!

Before I get my spanish lesson today, I'll start with the contest puzzle, now that I finished breakfast! I guess as people think that I usually like to sleep very long at the weekends (but not today), noone would call me the next hours, so it's a good time for doing it without distraction!

susalm
Puzzlero por excelencia
Puzzlero por excelencia
Participaciones en quedadas: 2
Número de piezas preferido: 5000
Puzzle en construcción: La adoración de los Reyes de Veronese.
Nº quedadas: 25

Mensaje por susalm »

Vaya maquina.... haujavi.... he recordado mi ingles leyendo lo que la contestasbas.... lo dicho, eres un maquina. Y por cierto, a mi, si que me das mucha envidia por el viaje a New York y washington. lo conozco, disfrutalo.

un beso
susalm

koalanina
Puzzlero incipiente
Puzzlero incipiente

Mensaje por koalanina »

Well, just one week left until I have to proove my little spanish lessons in practise. (I actually got back using a classic cd rom language course instead of the "reading the forum with a dictionary" method). Oh oh, I hope you understand a bit (yes, I know, I don't need to care because some of you don't mind talking english as well). But to understand better what you might be talking about to each other, maybe anyone can add to my vocabulary some special terms regarding to puzzles? And are there any special phrases you guys often use colloquial?

haujavi
Administrador
Administrador

Mensaje por haujavi »

Ey people, some participation here would be appreciated! Let's see... I think it's difficult for native speakers to know what are colloquial words or ways of speaking, as are used without realising... As for the special terms regarding the puzzle I'll try to remember some:

Puzzlero(¿puzzler?): I think you know but just in case, puzzlero is the person that likes, makes, speaks about puzzles... a puzzle-making person :D
Cremallera(zip): The so-called "cremallera" is a strange row of pieces in very large puzzles that makes easier the puzzle. You will see it at the meeting.
Embarazadas/emparejadas: take it easy, I don't know if we have any pregnant among the people of the meeting but this has nothing to do with it, they are just the couple of pieces in some puzzles that have the shape of a curve.
Ravensburguer, Ravenbsburger, Ravenssburgger... these are several tries for us spanish people of spelling the "easy-to-write" Ravensburger brand :silba:

Don't worry, you will learn all of these things at the meeting and if you don't understand something... ask! :D

koalanina
Puzzlero incipiente
Puzzlero incipiente

Mensaje por koalanina »

haujavi escribió: Cremallera(zip): The so-called "cremallera" is a strange row of pieces in very large puzzles that makes easier the puzzle. You will see it at the meeting.
Ok, quite intresting...
Embarazadas/emparejadas
I need to tell my pregnant sister about it! Would be nice to hear what she say if I compare her to a puzzle pieze :lol:
Ravensburguer, Ravenbsburger, Ravenssburgger...
I'm going to teach you the right pronounciation!!! :P

Ok, no matter, I get all of this and more when I'm there.

haujavi
Administrador
Administrador

Mensaje por haujavi »

And the result of the spanish-speaking intensive classes are... :wink:

koalanina
Puzzlero incipiente
Puzzlero incipiente

Mensaje por koalanina »

:?: :?: :?:
Hmm...

piezas = pieces = Teile
borde = border = Rand
esquina = corner = Ecke
patron = ? = Vorlage
imagen = image = Bild
concursito = contest = Wettbewerb
encuentro = meeting = Treffen
buscar = search = suchen
encontrar = find = finden

MJ
Puzzlero por excelencia
Puzzlero por excelencia
Participaciones en quedadas: 7
Puzzle favorito: Yanoman
Número de piezas preferido: 8000
Puzzle en construcción: Amor Sacro-Amor Profano

Mensaje por MJ »

koalanina escribió::?: :?: :?:
Hmm...

piezas = pieces = Teile
borde = border = Rand
esquina = corner = Ecke
patron = ? = Vorlage
imagen = image = Bild
concursito = contest = Wettbewerb
encuentro = meeting = Treffen
buscar = search = suchen
encontrar = find = finden

:plas: :plas: :plas:
a veces aunque te falta una pieza de un puzzle no significa que no este terminado :)
mjagricola@gmail.com

RiZZo
Puzzlero reincidente
Puzzlero reincidente
Participaciones en quedadas: 2
Número de piezas preferido: 0

Mensaje por RiZZo »

Koalanina, as I said, you're a very good puZZlera!! :plas:
Imagen
Cuando despertó, Pakito todavía estaba allí.

koalanina
Puzzlero incipiente
Puzzlero incipiente

Mensaje por koalanina »

I just want to say "hello" to everyone again. :holas: :holas: :holas:
I haven't been here for a long time and forgot much things I learned last year. But last but not least I restarted learning spanish again this spring and summer. So I relearned the basics to try to read here some more again. And maybe also write (and not just in english of course).
And I want to thank everyone who helped me last year and who I never send a message even though I wanted to stay in contact, sorry!
New beginning again with Learning Spanish with Puzzleando!!! :)

Proyectil
Puzzlero por excelencia
Puzzlero por excelencia

Mensaje por Proyectil »

Hi Koalanina!
Nice to hear from you. I don't know if you have seen our new "adventure" some of us are going next october to Brusells to a contest. Maybe you're interested on join us :wink: there's still one vacant place :D
By the way, I'm having problems in your forum I'm not able to login. If you can talk with your administrator I'll be very grateful :D
:beso:

koalanina
Puzzlero incipiente
Puzzlero incipiente

Mensaje por koalanina »

I'll tell the administrators! Javi just told me about the contest in Belgia, haven't heard about it before. Sounds intresting!

Responder

Volver a “All about jigsaw puzzles”